After conducting several tests, it was concluded that the different brands of cold drinks namely
- Coca cola
All contains glucose, alcohol sucrose, phosphate, ions and carbon dioxide. All are acidic in nature. On comparing the pH value of different brands coca cola is most acidic and limca is least acidic of all the four brands taken.
pH value of coca cola is nearly equal to disinfectant which is harmful for body.
AMONG THE FOUR SAMPLES OF COLD DRINKS TAKEN –SPRITE HAS MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF DISSOLVED CARBON DIOXIDE AND FANTA HAS MINIMUM AMOUNT OF DISSOLVED CARBON DIOXIDE.
DISADVANTAGES OF COLD DRINKS
- Soft drinks are little more harmful than sugar solution. As they contain sugar in large amount which cause "diabetes".
- Soft drinks can cause weight gain as they interfere with the body's natural ability to suppress hunger feeling.
- Soft drinks have ability to dissolve the calcium so they are also harmful for our bones.
- Soft drinks contain "phosphoric acid" which has a pH of 2.8. So they can dissolve a nail in about 4 days.
- For transportation of soft drinks syrup the commercial truck must use the hazardous matter place cards reserved for highly consive material.
- Soft drinks have also ability to remove blood so they are very harmful to our body.
USES OF COLD DRINKS
- Cold drinks can be used as toilet cleaners.
- They can remove rust spots from chrome car humpers.
- They clean corrosion from car battery terminals.
- Soft drinks are used as an excellent 'detergent' to remove grease from clothes.
- They can loose a rusted bolt.